July Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions
San Diego Mission Academy – July Enrollment Contact Information
▪ Note: San Diego Mission Academy is a virtual program and does not operate a brick-and-mortar site. Please call or email us to speak to someone at the school.
- High School Students: The Records Team will email 1 official transcript to the student and parent.
- Students should call us if contact information for student or school changes from
time of enrollment.
- Middle School: Transcript will be emailed by request.
Transcripts should be received by email within 2 weeks of the student’s end date.
- Students can take 2 semester-credit courses (3 with approval) to recover credits from failed classes, or to get ahead, for a maximum of 15 semester credits.
- If students desire to take 3 classes, please call us or email us to let us know as soon as possible.
- Our admissions technicians will be calling the number on the registration form to confirm enrollment. Parents/students can discuss a 3rd class at that time too.
- Our coursework is paced for independent study. Students work at their own pace, guided by due dates for each assignment. Live instructional support is available, but there are no “classes,” at certain times to attend or log into.
- A semester-long course requires an average of 40 hours to complete (on average).
- 4-6 hours of dedicated coursework each day, M-F, is required for successful completion.
Students must complete all coursework 5 business days prior to the start of the student’s fall semester start date (as indicated on the calendar for the school of residence or as communicated by the school counselor).
- We are WASC (Western Association of Schools & Colleges) Accredited.
- Courses are A-G (UC and Cal State) approved.
- College Board CEEB Code: 051965.
- Click here to search for the approved A-G course list online.
- Many courses are NCAA (collegiate level Division I & II sports) approved.
- MA NCAA Code: 851755.
- Click here to search for the approved NCAA course list online
July Enrollment is free of cost. San Diego Mission Academy (SDMA) is a public school.
The July Enrollment Program is a fully virtual program. It is 100% online. No attendance at a physical
site is required.
- Teachers and Tutors are available M-F 8am-9pm.
- Live Tutor Chat is also available M-F 8am-9pm
- Course access is available 24/7 online (though teacher support is only 8am-9pm)
- Our Admissions & Records Team is available by phone or email M-F 8am-4pm to assist with enrollment questions, and transcripts.
- Apex Learning Courses that are approved by UC A-G* and NCAA* and are taught by our in-house credentialed teachers. (*see HS course list for details).
Grades 6th-12th, and students ages 11-18.
- Students/Parents or school officials may request additional transcripts year-round by:
- Emailing our July Enrollment team – julyenrollment@missionacademyHS.org
- visiting the website – click “Records Request” under the “Support” menu bar
- Unofficial transcript can be sent via email to the student/parent\
- Official transcript can be sent via mail to the student/parent
- Official Transcript can be mailed, emailed, or efaxed to the students school Registrar or Counselor
- San Diego Mission Academy will set due dates to assist and guide students in timely course completion. However, it is the responsibility of the student to manage time and ensure an appropriate schedule of study is set up at home to ensure success.
- SDMA will award partial credits on the transcript for incomplete courses. It is up to the student’s transferring school administration to award or deny partial credits
- Students may enroll in a future summer, winter, or spring intercession (if eligible) to complete remaining credits.
A computer with internet access is all that is required.
System requirements can be found on our website here.
Any student residing in San Diego, Riverside, Imperial, or Orange County.
July 3, 2023. Students must register prior to July 1 to participate in July Enrollment due to staffing and budget constraints.
ENROLLING AT SAN DIEGO MISSION ACADEMY FOR JULY ENROLLMENT
Note: We strongly recommend students consult with their school counselor for appropriate course selection!
How do students sign up?
1. Go to the website: https://www.sdmissionacademy.org/july-classes/.
2. Complete the Registration Form embedded into the website.
Note: if using a mobile phone, click on “MOBILE VERSION CLICK HERE TO ENROLL”
a. GRADE LEVEL: The grade level selected at the top of the form will populate the dropdown for the course list lower down.
Students should select the appropriate grade level for the 2023-2024 school year so that the correct course list shows up.
b. NCAA: An Online Summer Technician (OST) will follow up with students who need NCAA approved coursework. We will ask for the student’s NCAA registration number upon confirmation of enrollment.
c. COURSE SELECTION: Students will begin by selecting a maximum of TWO courses for this year’s July Enrollment.
i. Students can take 1 semester course every 10 school days.
ii. Students can take a maximum of 3 semester courses in the July Enrollment period.
1. If students desire to take a 3rd, class, they should list their first two priority classes, and call to inform the July Enrolment Team of their 3rd class.
They should not complete the form more than once.
d. MASTER AGREEMENT: Students and parents will be signing their Master Agreement for Independent Study with their enrollment at this time.
They will need to be the ones that start and complete the registration form (someone else won’t be able to do it for them).
High School Course List
|Course Name||Total Credits|
|Creative Writing||5 Credits (1 Semester)|
|English 9||10 Credits (2 Semesters)|
|English 10||10 Credits (2 Semesters)|
|English 11||10 Credits (2 Semesters)|
|English 12||10 Credits (2 Semesters)|
|Algebra I||10 Credits ( 2 Semesters)|
|Algebra II||10 Credits (2 Semesters)|
|Geometry||10 Credits (2 Semesters)|
|Mathematics I||10 Credits (2 Semesters)|
|Mathematics II||10 Credits (2 Semesters)|
|Mathematics III||10 Credits (2 Semesters)|
|Precalculus||10 Credits (2 Semesters)|
|Statistics and Probability||10 Credits (2 Semesters)|
|Biology||10 Credits (2 Semesters)|
|Chemistry||10 Credits (2 Semesters)|
|Earth Science||10 Credits (2 Semesters)|
|Environmental Studies||10 Credits (2 Semesters)|
|Physics||10 Credits (2 Semesters)|
|Economics||5 Credits (1 Semester)|
|Ethnic Studies||5 Credits (1 Semester)|
|Geography and World Cultures||5 Credits (1 Semester)|
|U.S. Government and Politics||5 Credits (1 Semester)|
|U.S. History||10 Credits (2 Semesters)|
|World History||10 Credits (2 Semesters)|
|Spanish I||10 Credits (2 Semesters)|
|Spanish II||10 Credits (2 Semesters)|
|Spanish III||10 Credits (2 Semesters)|
|French I||10 Credits (2 Semesters)|
|French II||10 Credits (2 Semesters)|
|Art Appreciation||5 Credits (1 Semester)|
|Music Appreciation||10 Credits (2 Semesters)|
|Physical Education I||10 Credits (2 Semesters)|
|Physical Education II||10 Credits (2 Semesters)|
|Health Education||5 Credits (1 Semester)|
|Psychology||5 Credits (1 Semester)|
|Sociology||5 Credits (1 Semester)|
Middle School Course List
|Course Name||Total Credits|
|English 6||2 Semesters|
|English 7||2 Semesters|
|English 8||2 Semesters|
|Math 6||2 Semesters|
|Math 7||2 Semesters|
|Math 8||2 Semesters|
|Algebra I||2 Semesters|
|MS Civics||2 Semesters|
|MS World History and Geography||2 Semesters|
|MS US History and Geography||2 Semesters|
|Science 6||2 Semesters|
|Science 7||2 Semesters|
|Science 8||2 Semesters|
|MS Life Science||2 Semesters|
|MS Earth Science||2 Semesters|
|MS Physical Science||2 Semesters|
|English Foundation I||2 Semesters|
|English Foundation II||2 Semesters|
|Reading Skills and Strategies||1 Semester|
|Writing Skills and Strategies||1 Semester|